Ambitious audit and accounts senior required by growing national firm of chartered accountants. Due to a strategic level of succession planning for the future, my client is seeking an individual with the potential to grow within the firm to Partner level.
Based in the Northampton office of a growing national firm of chartered accountants, this unique and exciting opportunity would suit a progressive audit and accounts senior who is seeking to move to a firm with no limitations on career development. The vacancy has arisen due to a strategic level of future succession planning within the firm. My client is therefore seeking a competent and progressive individual with the potential to grow within the firm, ultimately to Partner level.
The responsibilities of the Audit and Accounts Senior are evenly split between providing audit services and accounts preparation services to a portfolio of existing clients. Accounts preparation will include management accounts, statutory accounts and basic tax computations. You will also be involved in various ad hoc project based assignments according to client needs.
- Undertaking statutory audit for companies
- Preparing statutory financial statements
- Preparing monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Preparing basic corporation tax computations
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Cashflow budgeting and forecasting
- Detailed research and analysis into specific accounting and tax laws
- Providing tax and general accounting advice to clients
- Supervising and training junior members of staff
- Ad hoc project work for clients – management accounting advisory.
- Finalist or newly qualified (ACA, ACCA etc)
- Previous audit and accounts preparation experience gained within an accountancy practice
- Previous experience supervising, mentoring and developing junior staff
- Commercially minded with an awareness of client needs
- Professional, organised and driven to develop professionally and progress your career
- High level of technical competency
- Strong IT skills.
What’s on offer;
- Genuine career progression within the firm, preferably to Partner level in time
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- On-site parking
- Limited travel – vast majority of clients being based in Northamptonshire.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/14153