Reputable independent accountancy firm seek Audit & Accounts Senior either on a Full or Part time basis. Based in their Milton Keynes office, you will be encouraged to develop and grow within the team, working for a range of different clients.
My client is a long established independent firm of chartered accountants based in central Milton Keynes. The firm has a broad range of clients but also operates within a number of specialist sectors including charities, legal, medical and clients who are UK subsidiaries of overseas groups. Audits will involve companies with turnovers ranging from £2M to £90M.
They are seeking an experienced Audit & Accounts Senior and will consider candidates on both a full and part time basis. In support of the Managers and Partners, the role of an audit senior is very engaging with a high level of visibility, input and responsibility. Although external audit is the main responsibility of the role, there will also be a good level of accounts work for clients - approximate split is 60% audit / 40% accounts.
With minimal travel and a genuine emphasis and culture of work/life balance, this is an exciting opportunity with a reputable and growing business.
- Plan, deliver and complete external audits plus support Managers and Partners on client engagements
- Accounts preparation for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Complete corporation tax computations and forms and undertake other general related tax work
- Agreed supervision of junior staff
- Assist department managers in certain aspects of their roles (including reviewing work, technical matters etc.
- Provide good communication skills, to include meetings with clients and officials, telephone calls and letter writing
- Comply with the Firm's systems and promote it's goals.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA preferred but not essential - candidates who are qualified simply by their level of audit experience (QBE) will also be considered
- Previous external audit experience
- Previous accounts preparation experience ideal
- Previous experience in staff supervision, mentoring and development
- Strong IT skills - any experience of CCH or SAPA is beneficial but not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all business levels.
What's on offer;
- Career growth and development is encouraged as they are looking for the Managers and Partners of the future from within the firm
- Limited travel as clients are predominantly in the Milton Keynes area
- Competitive salary up to £38,000
- Full benefits including subsidised Milton Keynes parking pass
- Flexible working
- Any level of part time hours will be considered, for example a reduced number of full days or a reduced daily schedule - they are open for discussion!
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19687