This well-established firm of chartered accountants have a vacancy in their Bicester office for a highly experienced Audit Director. With overall ownership of the audit function and managing the audit team based in Bicester, the Audit Director will drive the firm's strategy in growing specialist sectors across all areas of the business.
The Audit Director will have the task of being the firm's Responsible Individual (RI) so you will either already be a RI or have the desire and capability to become the RI within a fairly short period of time. To achieve this, you will need to be confident and interactive with clients from identifying potential new business, marketing to prospects, proposing solutions, quoting for audit, value-add and project-based activities.
The vacancy for an Audit Director is a career move for an experienced Accountant who will join a firm with planned organic growth and will provide many future opportunities for personal and career development.
- Be the main point of audit contact, knowledge and influence for a mixed range of existing and new-win clients, managing and effecting solutions to meet their needs and timescales
- Ownership of the overall audit planning to make sure work is completed on schedule
- Monitor the allocation of staff within the team by the Audit Manager, with a view to maximising overall recovery rates whilst minimising risk and ensuring quality
- Manage the audit manager to make sure there is a clear line of communication from audit junior to audit director
- Review and sign off the audits as the RI
- Have skills and experience in a specialist sector and be comfortable in marketing this service to help the growth of the audit area of the business
- Demonstrate excellence in audit requirements, current legislation, accounting standards, technical issues and related matters
- Be able to train and develop staff on audit matters, money laundering procedures, internal controls and procedures and in getting the best from their own resources
We are looking for an individual who is:
- ACA or ACCA qualified and an RI or capable of becoming an RI within 6 months
- Experienced in a specialist sector
- Able to lead by example, enjoy client interaction, growth and recognise that business and personal development are interlinked
- Willing to achieve a more senior role, leading to a partnership position quickly
- Capable of supervising and developing more junior staff
- Team orientated
- Deadlines orientated
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Great company benefits
- Partner track available
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18590