This regional firm of chartered accountants is recruiting for a self-motivated, results oriented Audit Manager, to provide professional accountancy and audit services to fee paying clients. To assist Directors with their audit responsibilities with clients to ensure that the effectiveness of the Firm's audit framework is maintained at all times.
- Fully accountable for the audit of complex clients including risk management practices
- Planning and scoping audit assignments effectively, allocating audit resources, defining deadlines and ensuring a comprehensive and appropriate terms of reference is set for each review.
- Managing and undertaking programmed audit assignments effectively and efficiently, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadlines.
- Identifying key risks to business objectives, evaluating and testing controls in place and identifying areas for improvement.
- Liaising with Directors and clients in the planning and conduct of audit assignments discussing findings, emerging risks and actions to address identified risks.
- Producing audit reports to meet the required standard for reporting to Directors
- Contributing to the development of Company audit, risk and assurance policies and procedures
- Managing systems development and advisory work and undertaking more complex work in this area, informing and advising Directors of issues that have risk or control implications
- Produce end of year accounts, completing self-assessments & corporate tax returns. Liaise with clients & provide financial information and advice. Support Directors in relation to clients and manage / support junior colleagues during the course of their duties.
What we are looking for:
- A recognised qualification in accountancy or QBE.
- Experience of leading and managing audit teams
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of audit standards and procedures
- Thorough understanding of systems and risk based auditing
- Experience of working with clients within a busy accountancy practice
- Good knowledge of accounting systems e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, ideally CCH
- Experience of managing & coaching junior staff
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits packaget
- 25 days holiday
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16409