Audit Manager, or Assistant Audit Manager, opportunity with large audit firm in Coventry, West Midlands. Flexible working from home & career progression to Audit Partner all on offer.
My client is a well-established accountancy practice primarily based in Coventry in the West Midlands. Due to continued recent growth, expansion and future succession planning, they seek an Audit Manager to join their audit team.
As Audit Manager, you will be working with the audit team to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of technical audit and other assurance services to a variety of clients. This is a fantastic time to join the firm as, with a considerable amount of new business being won, growth has been unprecedented during 2020 and this is continuing in 2021.
Considered a large audit firm by the ICAEW and with a huge variety of client types and sectors within the portfolio, the opportunity is there to gain a range of audit experience from niche businesses to UK group and large International group companies.
If you're an Assistant Audit Manager looking for a step up or an Audit Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge with scope for progression, including to Audit Partner, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Manage the team in conjunction with Directors and Partners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of technical audit and other assurance services
- Manage and develop a portfolio of clients interacting fully in conjunction with the senior audit team
- Plan audit assignments efficiently to meet budgets
- Manage the allocation of work to other team members
- Complete regular reviews of work to ensure compliance
- Coach, supervise and delegate work to Trainees, Semi-seniors and Audit Seniors
- Assist with the more complex clients and respond to client queries
- Involvement with helping to develop best practice for the service line
- Manage aspects of projects with Directors and Partners.
- Qualified accountant, ACA / ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent
- Appropriate external audit experience in a similar role or environment
- Excellent up to date technical compliance skills
- Strong IT skills including Excel, audit and accounts packages
- Able to maintain and promote high professional standards at all times
- Organised and proactive with initiative and desire for continued learning and development
- Able to maintain and develop excellent working relationships and rapport both internally and externally
- Any audit experience with charities, solicitors and/or international clients is beneficial but by no means essential.
What's on offer:
- Continued personal and professional development, tailored to YOU
- Competitive salary and remuneration package dependent upon experience
- Flexible working including working from home, likely 50/50 office/home, or as desired
- Benefits including Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover (6 x salary)
- Opportunity to progress, even to Audit Partner for the right candidate.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21811 - Audit Manager