Experienced external auditors needed by growing West Midlands accountancy firm.
My client is a well-established accountancy practice primarily based in Coventry in the West Midlands. Due to continued growth, expansion and future succession planning, they seek an Audit Senior to join their audit team.
As Audit Senior, you will be working with the audit team to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of technical audit and other assurance services to a variety of clients. This is a fantastic time to join the firm as, with a considerable amount of new business being won, growth has been unprecedented during 2020 and this is continuing in 2021.
Considered a large audit firm by the ICAEW and with a huge variety of client types and sectors within the portfolio, the opportunity is there to gain a range of audit experience from niche businesses to UK group and large International group companies.
Excellent opportunities for progression are on offer, to Audit Manager and even Audit Partner for the right individual.
- Lead audits and ensure delivery within agreed timetables including organising a small client portfolio as lead auditor
- Investigate all audit issues to arrive at a proposal or solution
- Prepare and audit statutory accounts
- Develop audit assistants in the team with on the job training, directing and work supervision
- Report to Managers, Directors or Partners depending on assignment
- Liaise with clients to ensure completion of assignments
- Prepare and manage budgets and costs
- Ad hoc assignments as required.
- Qualified or Finalist accountant, ACA / ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent
- Previous external audit experience in a similar role or environment
- Good compliance skills with limited supervision
- Strong IT skills including Excel, audit and accounts packages
- Able to maintain high professional standards at all times
- Organised and proactive with initiative and desire for continued learning and development
- Able to maintain and develop excellent working relationships and rapport both internally and externally
- Any audit experience with charities, solicitors and/or international clients is beneficial but by no means essential.
What's on offer:
- Continued personal and professional development, tailored to YOU
- Competitive salary and remuneration package dependent upon experience
- Professional study support as required
- Flexible working including from home, likely 50/50 office/home, or as desired
- Benefits including Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover (6 x salary)
- Opportunity to progress to Manager and beyond, even to Partner for the right candidate.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21807