Audit Senior opportunity with expanding and award winning accountancy firm. Flexible working on offer including working from home and offices in Birmingham or Leicester.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They seek an experienced Audit Senior to join their Birmingham office. Their continued growth has been both organic and through high profile mergers and acquisitions. They have won recent National awards and it is an exciting time to join the business.
You will be joining a sizeable 100+ person operation. There is a significant opportunity in Birmingham, and across the Midlands, to grow the client base and to get involved in interesting advisory projects. In addition, they are also increasingly getting involved with cross-office projects and working with colleagues within their International network. Most of the work will be delivered for the Birmingham office however, my client is flexible on your location with surrounding regional offices including in Leicester.
To them audit is certainly not just a 'tick box' exercise and they pride themselves on the business relationships that they have with their clients. As Audit Senior, you will provide a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to your clients. You will take ownership of audits from planning through to completion and key to the role will be your ability to build strong client relationships with a genuine 'added value' approach. You will have a broad scope in your role to give you maximum experience and exposure. Although external audit is the main responsibility of the role, there will also be a good level of accounts work for clients.
With minimal travel and a genuine emphasis and culture of work/life balance, this is an exciting opportunity with a high level of visibility within a reputable and growing business. So, if you are driven and ambitious this could be the role for you.
- Plan, deliver and complete external audits plus support Managers and Partners on client engagements
- Commentary and preparation of accounts / financial statements
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Lead, mentor, review, plan & allocate work to junior members of the team
- Ah hoc projects.
- Ideal candidates will be ACA / ICAEW, ACCA qualified or finalists
- 3+ years Auditing experience gained within an accountancy practice / accounting firm
- Demonstrable experience leading external audits from planning to completion
- Previous experience preparing accounts preferred
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word, CaseWare, Sage, Xero, audit and tax software all beneficial
- Some tax knowledge preferred
- Previous experience in staff supervision, mentoring and development
- Up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Commercially aware with strong problem-solving skills
- Team building skills with a positive approach
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
What's on offer:
- Agile / flexible working with a genuine work life balance focus. Most of the work will be delivered for the Birmingham office however, my client is flexible on your location both at home and within surrounding offices including their Leicester office
- Competitive base salary
- Reward and recognition Bonus scheme
- Car lease scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Full and flexible benefits package tailored to you
- International secondment opportunities (for example to North America, Australasia, Asia, Europe etc)
- Limited travel - vast majority of clients are based locally / remotely
- Time off in lieu (but rarely needed)
- Flexible and relaxed work environment - open plan office
- Opportunity to work with some really interesting and high-profile clients, up to £150m in turnover, across a variety of industry sectors including manufacturing, construction, real estate, financial services, retail, consumer goods, not for profit and professional services
- Personal career development and succession plan with supportive management structure
- Long term career opportunities, even to Partner, if desired.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21848 - Audit Senior