National audit, tax and advisory firm are looking for an Audit Senior to join their team in Birmingham. The Audit Senior will be responsible for running and completing the audit out on site within the agreed timetable whilst also assisting in the development of junior members of the team, by supporting/teaching them, primarily on site, during the course of the fieldwork.
Our client is an award-winning national tax, audit and advisory firm. They have multiple locations across the UK and are a leading firm for Corporate, Not for Profit, Professional Practices, Pension Funds and Private Clients. With a client focused culture, they endeavour to provide proactive, innovative advice with the aim of helping our clients business achieve its full potential.
- Responsible for running and completing the audit out on site within the agreed timetable
- Generally assisting supervisors/managers to enable work to be passed down and accepting responsibility for it
- Ensuring planning and audit programmes are completed and signed off when work is completed
- Responsible for reviewing the junior's work
- Ensuring files are completed within the best practice guidelines of the office
- To appraise the junior at the end of each job liaising with the supervisor if necessary
- Seniors are responsible for completing the file on site and should use supervisors to help with areas only when there are problems or assistance is needed due to complexity or time pressure
- Seniors should be responsible for ensuring that files are easy to follow and correctly referenced in time for reviews to make files easier to review and hence cut down the reviewing time
- Seniors should ensure that section 1 of the audit file is completed adequately for each specific job
- Seniors should ensure that the relevant tax information required for a particular job is obtained on site and where possible the tax comp should be drafted in Alphatax on site.
- Newly qualified, preferably ACA or ACCA
- Audit experience is vital
- Experience of managing audits in a team
- Accounting experience and pensions experience is preferable
- Need to be self-motivated team players with good communication skills
- Looking for a challenge.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary
- Holiday 25 days p.a
- Auto enrolment pension
- Flexible working hours
- Life cover
- Opportunity to work in an enjoyable environment with greater responsibility for assignments
- Rewards for improved performance / efficiency of the office
- Opportunity for progression and to grow with the firm.
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16404