Long established firm of chartered accountants seeks an Audit Senior to join their Bedford team. You will provide and oversee audit and accounts preparation work for a vast range of clients in numerous industry sectors.
My client is a reputable and long established top 20 UK firm of chartered accountants. They offer a full range of compliance services and business advice to owner-managed businesses, multinationals and high net worth individuals. Their strength lies in their people who have expertise across a vast range of sectors and can therefore draw upon this expertise across the firm.
- Oversee and complete audit and accounts preparation ensure deadlines are met whilst complying with the necessary regulations
- Produce detailed audit plans including details of any previous difficulties encountered and ensure correct tests are applied
- Allocate responsibilities to junior staff and answer queries from juniors throughout the audit
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both onsite and in office and complete any sections as necessary
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the manager/principal for review
- Draft some client letters
- Check completed work, produce review points for junior staff and ensure it is technically correct
- Calculate more complex areas for sets of accounts completed by junior members of staff
- Prepare accounts from records and produce set of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on the contents of the accounts before passing to the principal/manager
- ACA or ACCA qualified or finalist with practice experience
- Previous external audit experience essential
- Good accounts preparation skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience – Sage, Excel, Word and tax software
- Up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience supervising, monitoring and mentoring junior members of staff
- Team building and problem solving skills
- Commercially aware with the ability to work well under pressure
- A positive and committed attitude.
What’s on offer;
- Competitive salary plus full benefits package.
- Superb working environment with a high level of internal visibility and excellent prospects for future career growth.
- A full personal and professional development training programme.
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 0 1926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15303