Experienced Audit Senior required by leading accountancy practice to work on a portfolio of interesting and exciting clients in Northamptonshire.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They seek an experienced Audit Senior based in their Northampton office. To them audit is certainly not just a 'tick box' exercise and they pride themselves on the business relationships that they have with their clients. Working predominately with Owner Managers of these businesses, their auditors get to work across a range of sectors and with some really interesting and exciting clients in sectors such as Technology, Formula One and large Group companies.
As an Audit Senior / Audit & Accounts Executive you will be responsible for leading audits (70%) and accounts preparation (30%) projects working with OMB clients with turnovers typically between £10m and £30m but that can be as high as £200million. You will take ownership of audits from planning through to completion. Key to the role will be your ability to build strong client relationships with a genuine 'added value' approach.
- Provide a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to a portfolio of clients
- Take ownership of audits from planning through to completion
- Lead, mentor, review and allocate work to junior staff
- Analytical review
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Prepare accounts from records and produce set of financial statements
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and produce a short summary on key client issues before passing to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review.
- Ideal candidates will be ACA or ACCA qualified with significant experience as an Audit Senior / Audit Executive gained within an accountancy practice
- Finalist level candidates, with the appropriate level of practical experience, will also be considered - any incurred 'clawback' on study fees will be paid for by my client
- Previous experience leading external audits and preparing accounts
- Some tax knowledge preferred
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Commercially aware and client focussed with the confidence to challenge clients
- A flexible, professional approach together with the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
What's on offer;
- Genuine work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits including 25 days holiday and a flexible benefits package tailored to you
- International secondment opportunities (for example to North America, Australasia, Asia, Europe etc)
- Flexible and relaxed work environment - open plan office
- Limited travel - vast majority of clients are based in Northamptonshire
- Time off in lieu but rarely needed
- Opportunity to work with some really interesting and rewarding clients that require a certain level of technical sophistication
- Personal career development plan including regular review and Mentor - Succession planning programme in place
- Long term career opportunities even to Partner if desired
- PLEASE NOTE: candidates with relevant experience who are seeking a part-time or flexible role will also be considered.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18639