Long established firm of chartered accountants seeks an Audit Senior to join their Bedford team. You will provide and oversee audit and accounts preparation work for a vast range of clients in numerous industry sectors.
My client is a reputable and long established top 20 UK firm of chartered accountants. They offer a full range of compliance services and business advice to owner-managed businesses, multinationals and high net worth individuals. Their strength lies in their people who have expertise across a vast range of sectors and can therefore draw upon this expertise across the firm.
- Oversee and complete audit and accounts preparation ensure deadlines are met whilst complying with the necessary regulations
- Produce detailed audit plans including details of any previous difficulties encountered and ensure correct tests are applied
- Allocate responsibilities to junior staff and answer queries from juniors throughout the audit
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both onsite and in office and complete any sections as necessary
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Draft some client letters
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the manager/principal for review.
- Check completed work, produce review points for junior staff and ensure it is technically correct
- Calculate more complex areas for sets of accounts completed by junior members of staff
- Prepare accounts from records and produce set of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on the contents of the accounts before passing to the principal/manager
- ACA or ACCA qualified (or finalist) with practice experience
- Previous experience of UK GAAP essential
- Previous external audit experience essential
- Good accounts preparation skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Sage, Excel, Word and tax software
- Up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience supervising, monitoring and mentoring junior members of staff
- Team building and problem solving skills
- Commercially aware with the ability to work well under pressure
- A positive and committed attitude.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary plus full benefits package.
- Superb working environment with a high level of internal visibility and excellent prospects for future career growth.
- A full personal and professional development training programme.
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 0 1926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of finance and accountancy professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16447