Newly created opportunity for a Bilingual Financial Accountant, Spanish and English, with a rapidly expanding publicly listed global business. Excellent package and future career progression on offer. Candidates from within the profession / accountancy practice also considered.
My client, a US listed global business, is expanding rapidly throughout Europe. Driven by high ambition, this growth has been achieved both organically with increasing product demand and through a succession of acquisitions. Consequently, they seek a Spanish and English speaking Bilingual Financial Accountant based in Madrid to support the EMEA Controller in this newly created role.
Your key responsibilities will be taking ownership of the preparation of the accounts and financial reporting for the Spanish operations of the business, SME in size but growing.
This role provides the opportunity to work fairly autonomously within a fast-paced, high growth and entrepreneurial environment.
- Prepare monthly financial statements with follow up analysis
- Assisting with the preparation and audit of statutory financial statements for Spain
- Assisting the business with the implementation of efficient and diligent financial practices
- Key balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Employee expenses analysis
- Month end accruals, prepayments and provisions
- Month end journals
- VAT returns
- Assisting with the year end audit process
- Ad-hoc reporting.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (ICAC, AECA, ICJCE, PAS, CPA or equivalent)
- Practical accounting and financial reporting experience working as an Accountant, Financial Accountant, Financial Controller or in a similar role
- Solid up-to-date technical accounting skills and knowledge
- Any Spanish GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS experience beneficial
- Commercially aware with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Self-motivated and comfortable working fairly autonomously in a fast-paced, high growth and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong systems skills including Excel. Any ERP experience for example with Oracle, Netsuite, SAP and/or Xero, HFM is beneficial but not essential.
What's on offer:
- Very competitive base salary dependent upon experience
- Excellent future development and professional growth.
Interested? Want to learn more? Register your interest by applying today.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy and we are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22932