Our client is a global law firm with over 40 partners with offices throughout the UK, is now looking for a Billing and Reporting Supervisor to join their busy team in Birmingham. The Billing and Reporting Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the local billings team, as well as delivering high volume, accurate and timely information for the office. They will also provide assistance and support to the Financial Operations Manager.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the local billings team and monitor KPIs to ensure targets are met
- Work with the Financial Operations Manager to provide regular and ad hoc reports
- Liaise with Partners and fee earners in order to maximise billing and control unbilled time/costs
- Work in conjunction with the group finance team to deliver accurate and timely bookkeeping
- Maintain client billing requirements and ensure these are acted upon, including assisting in the configuration and implementation of client e-billing and reporting requirements
- Liaise with the Credit Manager and credit control team, advising of any issues and assisting with query resolution
- Appraise individual team member performance on a regular basis, setting targets in conjunction with the office manager
- Provide training and support for team members and other billing support staff
- Reconcile supplier accounts, cash balances, bank accounts and deposit accounts
- Prepare and finalise sales invoices and upload e-billing invoices to client platforms
- Manage client specific billing and reporting arrangements to tight client deadlines.
You will have:
- Billing experience and a basic understanding of accounting, gained within a professional services environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office and proficient knowledge of MS Excel (e.g. complex formulas, v-lookups and pivot tables)
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on qualification and experience
- 25 days annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Reimbursement of membership fees to professional bodies required for the role.
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16366