This Banbury based accountancy practice is now looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to provide a high quality bookkeeping service to clients and to contribute to the development of the firm.
- Liaise with client to obtain relevant information for preparation of computerised bookkeeping records
- Desktop and cloud based computerised bookkeeping and ledger maintenance
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and other ledger reconciliations
- Prepare client VAT returns based on information supplied by client
- Ensure compliance with all VAT matters
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to client and H.M. Revenue and Customs often working to tight deadlines
- Assist clients with accounting software and other book-keeping queries as required.
- Assist clients and internal staff with installation of cloud based accounting systems
- Identify points for partners to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets
- Attend relevant training courses and develop your skills to ensure up to date knowledge and best practice
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a freelance or practice environment
- Fully computer literate, including excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of in house systems such as Sage, Xero accounts systems and HR systems.
- Excellent telephone manner with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on your own or in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work effectively and efficiently
- Flexible attitude to work patterns
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Accurate data inputting skills and eye for detail
- Ability to use initiative in terms of decision making
- AAT or equivalent
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits including pension, healthcare, holidays, life insurance
- Career progression and opportunities
- Ability to buy and sell holiday, flexible start and finish times
Register your interest by APPLYING TODAY or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18608.