Experienced Bookkeeper required by leading National accountancy practice in Leicester.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join the team in their Leicester office. Their continued growth has been both organic and through high profile mergers and acquisitions. They have won recent National awards and it is an exciting time to join the business.
As a Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for bookkeeping, preparing VAT returns and management information for clients ensuring deadlines and proper accounting standards are met.
- Undertake bookkeeping for an allocated portfolio of clients
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Control accounts
- Data input and processing of payments as required
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Client liaison to resolve queries or obtain further information
- Develop and maintain client relations
- Ensure a high level of service to meet clients expectations.
- Previous Bookkeeping experience, preferably gained within an accountancy practice, legal or professional services environment
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages and accounting software packages (Sage, Xero, QuickBooks etc)
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Client focussed with a high level of customer service
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Ability to operate under your own initiative and to strict deadlines
- Experience in working within a team.
What's on offer:
- Agile working with a genuine work life balance focus
- Competitive base salary, dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Flexible benefits package tailored to you
- Car lease scheme
- Paid Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) time
- Employee recognition awards and bonuses
- Flexible and relaxed work environment.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20785