Ambitious and rapidly growing regional accountancy firm, seeking a talented Bookkeeper to join the team based in Rugby. Great benefits including a bonus scheme, hybrid working from home days as well as free onsite parking.
This opportunity provides the exciting prospect of joining a clear leader amongst other accountancy firms of similar size, with a plethora of high calibre individuals within the business. Reporting to a Business Services Manager, as Bookkeeper you will take ownership of your own portfolio of clients that vary in size across a wide range of different industry sectors.
Due to the ongoing organic growth, this role is essential in providing day-to-day bookkeeping services as well as supporting in the preparation of Management Accounts. We are keen to speak to candidates with experience in managing day-to-day bookkeeper activities, such as processing invoices, completing bank reconciliations, and preparing VAT returns.
Candidates both from within Industry and Accountancy Practice / Profession will be considered. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper who takes pride in their work, is client focused and is able to and would enjoy managing multiple accounts and clients.
- Double-entry bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients
- Day-to-day processing of invoices
- Processing from source documents
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Posting journal entries
- Support in the preparation of management accounts for some clients
- Resolve queries with clients
- Maintain regular contact with clients
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
What we are looking for:
- Previous bookkeeping experience gained wither in Accountancy Practice or from within an accounts function in Industry
- Qualified by experience or AAT studier both considered
- A good working knowledge of Ms Office packages including Excel
- Previous practical knowledge of accounting systems such as Xero and Sage is beneficial but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients and HMRC
- The ability to self-manage, organise workload, work quickly and accurately to meet regular deadlines
- A flexible and willing approach.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- Bonus scheme
- Hybrid working from home
- Further flexible benefits package
- Passionate & supportive working environment
- Free onsite parking.
Interested? Immediate need so register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22923 - Bookkeeper