Accountant required with experience of preparing accounts for clients for a National accountancy firm based in Northampton.
My client is an award winning National accountancy firm based in Northampton that has experienced significant growth recently. To support this growth, they are seeking two Business Services Accountants to prepare accounts for an existing portfolio of clients.
As Business Services Accountant you will be responsible for providing general practitioner accountancy services to limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. The majority of the clients are Owner Managed SME businesses. You will provide management accounts, statutory accounts and related tax services to these clients. Occasional travel to client sites will be required with the vast majority being located in the Northampton and Northamptonshire area.
- Preparation of management accounts from information and documentation received from clients
- Oversee the progress of and provide in-house bookkeeping services
- Monitor the progress of VAT assignments
- Provide year end statutory accounting support for our audit team
- Review all work received
- Mentor junior members of the team, reviewing their work and advising on the more complex aspects
- Provided technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of accounting software
- Ad-hoc and on-going assignments involving a single client focus
- Advice on system improvements/enhancements.
- Qualified or part qualified ACA / ACCA accountant or qualified by experience
- Excellent accounts preparation experience gained within a practice environment
- Systems experience of any of the following packages is advantageous - CaseWare, IRIS, Xero, Sage, Quickbooks, Excel
- Working knowledge of PAYE and VAT
- Experienced in overseeing assignments, and in the delegation and mentoring/supervision of staff
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills and confidence when dealing with clients
- Team player and self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to clients in Northamptonshire.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience (negotiable)
- Excellent working environment
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible benefits package
- Life assurance x 4 salary.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16476