My client is an award winning National accountancy firm. They seek an experience Accountant to prepare accounts for clients, predominately using the accounting software Xero , to be based in their Northampton office.
The Business Services Accountant will be responsible for providing general practitioner accountancy services to limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. The majority of the clients are Owner Managed SME businesses. You will provide management accounts, statutory accounts and related tax services to these clients. You will also play a major part in transitioning clients to Xero's cloud based services thus helping clients gain efficiencies and greater control of their finances. Occasional travel to client sites will be required with the vast majority being located in the Northampton and Northamptonshire area.
- Preparation of management accounts from information and documentation received from clients
- Oversee the progress and provide in-house bookkeeping services and assignments
- Monitor the progress of VAT assignments alerting any potential difficulties to the attention of the manager
- Use of Xero and Sage Line 50 accounting software and provision of technical advice and support to clients and staff
- Advice on system improvements/enhancements.
- Qualified or part qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Excellent accounts preparation experience gained within a practice environment
- Completely conversant in the use of Xero, Sage Line 50, MS Word and MS Excel
- Working knowledge of PAYE and VAT
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills and confidence when dealing with clients
- Team player and self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to clients in Northamptonshire.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Excellent working environment
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible benefits package
- Life assurance x 4 salary.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16431