Chief Accountant required by global business in London - candidates with audit and/or listed company experience ideal.
My client is a long established and pioneering global business with it's UK head office based in the City of London. As Chief Accountant you will manage the group accounting policies and group reporting under IFRS.
Technically strong, you will work closely with CFO acting as an advisor to the business including for future expansion into new jurisdictions. This could suit a Senior Audit Manager from a top tier accountancy firm with experience of publicly listed multinational corporations perhaps gained on secondment. Alternatively, you may have already made the move into industry and, having gained listed company experience, are seeking a new / next-step challenge.
- Assessment and implementation of new accounting standards and changes to financial reporting requirements
- Management of group accounting policies, and the application of those policies to new financial arrangements
- Preparation of Group Finance reports to the Audit Committee
- Management of the preparation of group entities financial statements, excluding entities within the Business Financial Control function
- Involvement in the Group consolidation process and the implementation of new consolidation reporting tool (Hyperion Financial Management)
- Financial control of group holdings plc including accounting for share based payment arrangements and dividend payments
- Capital and reserve management of group entities to support the groups dividend policy
- Shape and influence the requirements for new business ventures or ad hoc matters impacting the business that have financial reporting implications
- Reviewing accounting estimates and judgements relevant to group financial reporting
- Involvement in the group annual and longer term assessment
- Interaction with the group's external auditors and other external advisors and service providers
- Communication with a number of other departments across the business and international business Financial Controllers.
- Qualified ACA (ICAEW), ACCA or equivalent
- Relevant degree with strong academics, Big 4 / top tier trained & qualified
- Experience of drafting technical accounting papers and presenting to senior business stakeholders
- Experience of working in or auditing listed businesses
- Experienced with and competent in IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Any previous experience or exposure to the Financial Services sector is beneficialWorking knowledge of HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) is advantageous but not essential.
What's on offer:
- Base salary up to £80,000
- Tailored benefits package.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18634.