Addington Ball is delighted to have been appointed by the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce in the appointment of a new Group Chief Executive.
The Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce, CWCC, is a Membership-led organisation which was established for the purposes of supporting its Members and the local business base. CWCC is part of the fabric of the local economy and is held in high esteem in terms of its brand, reputation and influence. Accredited to the British Chambers of Commerce CWCC is the eighth largest Chamber of Commerce in the UK and is very well connected locally, regionally, nationally and internationally as part of the UK Chamber network.
CWCC services range from supporting its Members to delivering the widest range of business support contracts such as starting-your-own-business, growing your business, trading abroad and more. In addition, CWCC wholly owns a subsidiary company, Coventry Warwickshire Chamber Training (CWCT), which delivers education, skills and learning to over one thousand learners including hundreds of apprenticeships.
With the recent announcement of the existing Chief Executive's intention to step down the search begins for the next Chief Executive. This is an important and high profile opportunity as the Chief Executive is a leading voice for business and the region.
- Reporting to the CWCC Group Board of Directors, provide leadership in overseeing the strategic performance of the Chamber of Commerce and Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber Training
- Lead and oversee strong investment in the CWCC group, its people and skills, technology and property assets
- Lead the production of the annual Business Plan, budget and longer term vision for the Chamber
- Deliver strong operational performance in line with or exceeding budgetary expectations
- Build, nurture and maintain a large portfolio of contacts which afford mutual beneficial relationships to the CWCC Group, ranging from the public sector (such as Local Authorities, Elected Mayor's office, Ministerial / Govt Departments, Universities, Colleges and others) to the private sector (to include the larger businesses in the area and/or key influencers/leaders in business)
- Through contacts, connectivity and influence source a steady stream of developmental opportunities that will replace or build-upon existing programmes of business, trade and learner support
- Work with the West Midlands Chambers of Commerce Group to retain and/or gain contractual opportunities, such as the international trade work
- Monitor and 'read the room' in terms of the future business, economic and political landscape, ensuring CWCC can respond to such plus develop and create opportunities
- Be politically astute in leading, overseeing and protecting the use of the CWCC 'brand', ensuring all communications are fit for purpose in their representation of the brand, with intelligent and informed comment at all times in relation to the economic and business landscape
- Represent the best interests of the local business community and wider locality and its communities in liaising and influencing Government Departments, MPs, local Government Leaders and Officers and other Leaders
- Respond to the needs and demands of Members and local partners
- Ensure delivery of the CWCC constitutional commitment
- Be a face of the Chamber with the capacity and ability to undertake public speaker and media commitments.
- Extensive experience of working at the most senior level in either public and/or private sectors (preferably with experience and understanding of both settings)
- Previous and extensive senior management experience - managing a business (or business unit), budget management, people management, strong leadership and decision making ability
- Evidence of being an 'influencer' and/or 'campaigner'
- Strong Communicator, ideally with experience at handling the media
- Strong networker with evidence of own portfolio of contacts and connectivity
- Business Development experience, able to evidence examples of sustaining and growing a business / organisation
- Ability to be flexible in responding to the needs of Members, local partners and others in order to clearly evidence that CWCC remains a dynamic, flexible and supportive not-for-profit organisation
- Politically astute with strong business acumen and the ability to 'read the room' in terms of the future business, economic and political landscape.
What's on offer:
- High profile opportunity with support and future scope
- £ six figure package
- Benefits to include bonus, car allowance, pension, private medical, life assurance, 30 days holiday.
Interested? Apply today or contact either Ashley or Richard at Addington Ball to discuss further, always private and in complete confidence.
Addington Ball Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this search and has been retained by CWCC on this appointment. Any direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to Addington Ball Recruitment Ltd. Job Reference ABJ/22912 - Chief Executive