Accountant required in Milton Keynes with experience of preparing accounts for clients using Xero and Sage.
My client is an award winning National accountancy firm. They seek a Client Accountant with experience Xero and Sage to be based in their Business Services team in Milton Keynes.
The Client Accountant - Xero & Sage / Business Services Accountant will be responsible for providing general practitioner accountancy services to limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. The majority of the clients are Owner Managed SME businesses. You will provide management accounts, statutory accounts and related tax services to these clients. You will also provide technical advice to clients and staff on Xero and Sage line 50 accounting software. This may also involve transitioning clients to a software package thus helping clients to gain efficiencies and greater control of their finances. Occasional travel to client sites will be required with the vast majority being located in the Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire area.
- Preparation of management accounts from information and documentation received from clients
- Oversee the progress and provide in-house bookkeeping services and assignments
- Provided technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of Xero and Sage Line 50 accounting software
- Advice on system improvements/enhancements
- Ad-hoc and on-going assignments involving a single client focus.
- AAT qualified or part qualified ACA / ACCA or qualified by experience
- Excellent accounts preparation experience gained within a practice environment
- Completely conversant in the use of Xero, Sage Line 50, MS Word and MS Excel
- Working knowledge of PAYE and VAT
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills and confidence when dealing with clients
- Team player and self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to clients in and around Buckinghamshire.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible benefits package
- Life assurance x 4 salary.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17506