Experienced Manager with SME background required to provide accounting services to a portfolio of clients and manage a small team in central Milton Keynes.
Our client, a recently established independent firm of accountants, is recruiting a Client Accounting Manager / Accounts Manager to join their Milton Keynes office. This is a newly created role within an entrepreneurial business with a bright future.
Reporting to and in support of the Partners, you will manage an existing and growing portfolio of clients and supervise a small team. Clients include limited companies, partnerships and sole traders across a variety of industry sectors. The approach and ethos of the firm is pivotal to everything they do. That is, building strong and long standing relationships with their clients as trusted business consultants rather than just providing accounting services. They aim to and do differentiate themselves within the local market.
The role will primarily involve preparing both management accounts and statutory accounts together with tax computations for clients. Target clients are typically Owner Managed limited companies up to approximately £10million in turnover.
With a comprehensive foundation in place both in terms of experience and infrastructure, this appointment offers a genuine opportunity to progress with the firm.
- Maintain a portfolio of clients, typically Owner Managed limited companies up to approximately £10million in turnover
- Preparation of accounts and tax computations
- Supervising a team of two to three staff
- Maintain and develop existing client base
- Support Partners within the firm.
What we are looking for:
- Preferably ACA (ICAEW) or ACCA qualified
- General accountancy practice background preferred
- Experience preparing management accounts and statutory accounts for clients
- Systems knowledge of any of the following packages is beneficial - Xero, Iris, Quickbooks, KashFlow, Exact etc
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of clients, and developing relationships with a business consultancy approach combined with the highest level of customer service
- Previous experience managing, mentoring and motivating a small team
- Good communicator with excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
What's on offer:
- Genuine opportunity for progression within the firm
- Opportunity to work very closely with the Partners whilst maintaining your own responsibilities
- Target salary £40,000 to £45,000 (negotiable)
- Flexible working
- Flexible benefits package
- Milton Keynes parking pass!
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16426