We are currently looking for a progressive finance professional to assume the role of Client Portfolio Manager for this very successful regional accountancy practice based in Northamptonshire. They require an experienced Client Portfolio Manager to deliver accountancy and tax services to an existing client portfolio.
The team focuses on Owner Managed Businesses and smaller, start-up clients, predominantly within Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. You will provide a high quality, cost effective and timely accountancy and tax focused service to these clients and ensure high levels of customer service are provided at all times. Developing an understanding of your clients and their businesses, you'll become their main point of contact for any day-to-day accounting queries. You'll oversee the preparation of tax returns and accounts as well as managing the team's progression and development. You will also need to develop new business opportunities from both within the existing client based and from outside the firm.
- Provide cost-effective, timely and high-quality accountancy and tax services to the clients
- Manage a sizeable portfolio of key clients. These will typically be Owner Managed Businesses(OMBs) and start-ups up to £4million in turnover
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC)
- Develop knowledge of clients and their businesses so as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters
- Review accounts and tax work performed by more junior staff
- Preparation of tax returns, personal and corporate
- Identify business and personal tax planning opportunities as part of the review process
- Preparation of reports and computations plus liaising with other professional advisers as required
- Assisting partners with specific assignments e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met - e.g. company reporting, P11d's, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or part qualified
- Ability to review an complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Ability to review an complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- In depth accounts preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of accounts systems especially Sage and Xero
What's on offer:
- Competitive basic salary between £25,000 to £40,000 depending on experience and qualification
- Study support if necessary
- Flexible benefits
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19716