The primary responsibility of the Collections Manager - Financial Services is to lead, coach and develop the team of Collections Advisors, based at their Head Office in South Leicester. The team endeavour to ensure cash flow is maximised while facilitating profitable sales growth.
The Collections Manager - Financial Services will ensure the team's compliance to internal policies and external regulations under their area of expertise. Through strong business partnering with internal and external customers this role is responsible for a team that manages all aspects of collections, problem resolution and standard invoicing solutions. This role is reporting to the Head of Financial Services of this fast paced retail business.
- Provide leadership through effective and timely coaching and feedback to foster a highly engaged team of Collection Advisors
- Ability to facilitate profitable sales growth while minimising risk with a sound knowledge of customer and economic conditions
- Subject matter expert in order to cash processes, with thorough understanding of our customer offering and proven ability to determine root cause and drive to resolution
- Play an integral role through partnership with internal and external customers to ensure sustainable, profitable and standard invoicing options are offered in order to grow or maintain the business, while monitoring and advising of potential risk
- Develop and formulate collection policies, procedures, and goals for review and approvals to ensure alignment to the Finance and Corporate strategic goals
- Monitor daily and monthly metrics against Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and assist in efforts to drive improved performance
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards at all times. Demonstrating flexibility and accessibility both personally and for the department to ensure that all applicable laws and statutory requirements are communicated, followed and adhered to pertaining to collections and reporting
What we are looking for:
- Business degree or similar experience
- Leadership experience in a large, complex organisation
- Experience in successful relationship building and solution orientated for large diverse customer base
- Well developed communications skills both verbally and written with the ability to negotiate effectively with large complex customers and internal business partners
- Knowledge of commercial collection, insolvency laws, UK regulatory and legislative rules related to PCI, Internal Controls, SOX , GDPR guidelines and VAT
- Track record of successful people management and the ability to recognise, motivate, develop others and promote teamwork
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Life assurance
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20747