Commercial Controller required for a Coventry based multi-national manufacturer - A number two role to the Finance Director/CFO.
Our client is an innovation-focused global manufacturer that is currently driving a variety of change and transformation projects. As Commercial FP&A Controller, you will support the wider business and deliver commercial and financial control with a focus on strategic planning, business analytics and reporting to support business growth. This is a number two role reporting directly to the Finance Director/CFO.
This role will suit a newly qualified or finalist level accountant with passion, drive and ambition. The role has a high level of visibility due to the financial reporting activities being on a local and Group level together with stakeholder engagement across the business in areas including R&D, Operations and Sales.
- Strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Weekly and Monthly reporting including Financial Reporting Pack, Business KPIs and Variance Analysis
- Finance Business Partnering covering cost centre management, profitability analysis of products & customers, pricing, productivity and R&D projects
- Reconciliation and analysis of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss accounts
- Conduct financial reviews and liaise with key stakeholders in R&D, Operations and Sales
- Perform variance analysis on sales, product costing, materials and labour
- Supply chain controlling and inventory management
- Calculation and monitoring of Inter-company recharges
- Support the development and optimisation of reporting systems including ERP and group consolidations.
- Finalist or newly qualified accountant, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Proven experience gained in a finance function within FP&A / Finance Business Partnering
- Effective communicator with confidence to influence and challenge in dealing with key stakeholders both internally and externally and at all levels
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP etc) is beneficial
- Highly numerate and analytical with strong attention to detail and a logical thinker
- A proactive approach, able to use your own initiative
- Organised, process focused able to multi-task
- Passionate and driven with the ability and flexibility to embrace and deliver change
- Any cost accounting / finance experience gained within a manufacturing environment is advantageous but by no means essential.
What's on offer:
- Work from home initially, flexible (mixed home/office) working beyond
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Access to Discounts platform and Well-being
- Free on-site parking in Coventry
- EARLY FRIDAY FINISH, Hours are 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 2pm on Friday.
Interested? Want to learn more?
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21816