Company / Management Accountant opportunity with UK subsidiary of a global Group based in Warwick, Warwickshire.
Our client is recognised as a global leader in their field with a client base including household brands and names across a wide variety of sectors. They seek a Company / Management Accountant to support the Group Financial Controller in all aspects of company accounting and reporting activities.
Your primary responsibilities will include general ledger, financial accounting and management accounts processes. You will ensure that financial accounting entries are controlled in an appropriate manner and that all monthly reporting is performed in line with Group and external timetables.
This opportunity offers exciting opportunities for the candidate that excels in this role to expand their knowledge and develop and progress internally. This vacancy is suitable for a technical strong Company / Management Accountant looking to broaden their exposure, with a driven and ambitious attitude to work. There is a strong business culture on work/life balance in this reputable and value-oriented European business based in Warwickshire.
- Responsible for the general ledger and financial accounting for UK operations
- Preparation of month end Management Accounts
- Month end close in line with wider Group timetables
- Budgets and Forecasts
- Monthly trading and Intercompany reporting
- Journals, Fixed Assets, Accruals and Prepayments
- Monthly Intra-Group recharges between companies for shared services
- Monthly General Ledger Reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations including foreign currencies
- Complete and submit UK VAT returns and PAYE Returns
- Support external consultants in completing and submitting UK Corporation Tax returns and payments on account
- Preparation of the annual financial statements
- Support the external auditors in the review and completion of the statutory accounts
- Supervise the activities and mentor purchase ledger clerk and accounts assistant
- Support the Group Financial Controller in the reconciliation of intercompany sales, purchases and loan balances
- Provide financial information and business partnering support to Management and Financial Controller.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified/Finalist accountant, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, or qualified by your relevant experience as a company accountant, management accountant or financial accountant
- Strong numeracy skills and technical background with broad experience of general ledger administration, month end and day-to-day accounting
- Experience of VAT and Corporation Tax reporting
- Strong IT systems including Excel and ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Effective communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- A flexible approach with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21852 - Company / Management Accountant