Top tier global chartered accountancy firm specialising in audit, tax and advisory services seek a Corporate & International Tax Senior Manager / Manager to join their Corporate & International Tax team in Birmingham.
The Tax Senior Manager / Tax Manager will oversee a portfolio of clients both domestic and international. This will include UK inbound or outbound listed companies, private equity backed groups and larger OMBs. Clients will have operations in a number of countries, often in Europe and North America, but also in China, India, Russia and South America and will require assistance with their overall tax position including; Cross-border transactions (and expansion into new markets), Transfer pricing (TP), Compliance, reporting and managing relationships with tax authorities and associated advisory services.
This is an exciting and high profile opportunity working closely with Partners and Directors to deliver an outstanding quality tax advisory and compliance service. The role offers further opportunities for career progression. So, if you have experience in this field from a Senior / Executive / Assistant Manager level through to and including the Senior Manager level please get in touch to discuss further.
- Managing the successful delivery of international tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and providing practical solutions, including in respect of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting, and the Common Reporting Standard
- Reviewing accurate and technically correct corporation tax computations for UK companies and branches
- Transfer Pricing work
- Working with other parts of the firm to support recurring accounting work and one-off transactions or projects
- Involvement in tax clearances and liaison with overseas offices
- Understand the impact on the CFC regulations and the taxation of foreign branches
- Calculate quarterly instalment payments
- Review quarterly CT61s prepared by junior members of the team
- Being a main point of contact with the client's finance director or head of tax to develop outstanding professional relationships
- Reviewing tax consolidation models prepared by junior members of the team, under IFRS, and producing accounts disclosures
- Being responsible for supervising more junior staff, coach and mentor the team.
- Relevant formal qualification - ACA, ACCA and/or CTA qualified or equivalent
- In depth tax technical knowledge and practical knowledge of the UK Corporation tax system
- Acknowledged as an expert within this specialist field and able to deal with complex tax issues
- Demonstrable post qualified experience, Transfer Pricing background within a professional practice, multinational company or at HMRC
- In depth (international) structuring and restructuring, international M&A and planning experience
- Able to identify tax issues and research them
- Analytical skills to evaluate options, develop recommendations, and provide advice
- Experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines
- An ambitious, proactive and enthusiastic tax professional prepared to undertake a wide variety of UK and International tax work to support a fast growing department
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15337