Leading firm of chartered accountants has urgent requirement for an experienced Corporate Tax Director in Cheltenham. Competitive salary, bonus, car, flexible working from home, further career progression all on offer.
My client is continuing to experience unprecedented growth and consequently seeks a Corporate Tax Director for their Cheltenham office.
Working closely with the Tax Partners, as Corporate Tax Director, you will deliver UK and cross border special and project-based corporate tax advisory work. In addition, you will oversee the larger or more complex tax compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be heavily involved in business development initiatives and working with the team and the Audit Partners to generate new work.
The Cheltenham office is part of a nationwide UK network and, as part of a global network, is also able to offer the right combination of worldwide reach and expertise to help their clients succeed. Their focus is on being long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom they work.
You will be joining a business that truly values its people. You will be surrounded by expertise, resources and a firm-wide commitment to help you to continue to build a satisfying and rewarding career in an environment created to allow you to thrive.
In recognition of the importance of offering a flexible approach to the working environment, a flexible/hybrid working from home/office schedule tailored specifically to you as an individual can be agreed.
- Leading work on UK and cross border tax advisory projects - Group reorganisations, Demergers, Due Diligence, International expansion, Advice on financing arrangements, Transfer pricing reviews etc
- Overseeing tax compliance work on larger or more complex clients
- Assist with R&D reviews, capital allowances projects and other compliance related planning
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including VAT, personal taxes, payroll taxes, corporate finance support etc
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP and IFRS accounting fundamentals and applications
- Identifying areas for improvement in clients' business processes and suggesting recommendations for improvement
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues, coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately
- Supporting and reporting to Tax Partners.
- ACA - ICAEW / ACCA / CTA qualified or equivalent
- Significant practical Corporate Tax experience on a range of advisory and compliance projects
- A passion for client service
- A track record of developing new work
- You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, audit and corporate finance colleagues whilst using your own initiative.
What's on offer:
- Competitive base salary dependent upon experience
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra 1 or 2 days over Christmas
- Group Personal Pension scheme
- Flexible/hybrid working from home/office schedule tailored specifically to you as an individual
- Private Medical Insurance scheme
- Life cover
- Cover under the firm's Group Income Protection scheme
- Access to the flexible benefits platform
- Ongoing future career development and promotion opportunities.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21866 - Corporate Tax Director