Corporate Tax Manager opportunity with expanding and award winning accountancy firm. Flexible working on offer including working from home and offices in Birmingham or Leicester.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They seek an experienced Corporate Tax Manager to join their Birmingham office. Their continued growth has been both organic and through high profile mergers and acquisitions. They have won recent National awards and it is an exciting time to join the business.
You will be joining a sizeable 100+ person operation. Teams are friendly and dynamic, everyone is approachable and ready to support each other. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career. Most of the work will be delivered for the Birmingham office however, my client is flexible on your location with surrounding regional offices including in Leicester.
The role of Corporate Tax Manager is to provide mixed tax compliance and advisory services in support of the Tax Director / Tax Partner to a portfolio of existing clients. In addition, you will deliver tax consultancy work and assist with the management of the tax compliance function and staff.
The opportunity exists to specialise in areas of specific interest and, in many ways, to make the role your own.
- Provide tax advisory services to client portfolios
- R&D, Patent Box, MBO's, Sales, Due Diligence, Succession Planning etc
- Manage the production of corporate and personal tax computations
- Plan, control, allocate and review work carried out by team members
- Respond to tax queries from Partners & Directors
- Liaise between Partners, tax department, audit department and other service lines
- Carry out tax consultancy work
- Correspondence with clients and external agencies
- Staff management, development and mentoring.
We are keen to hear from candidates with as much of the following as possible;
- CTA qualified (Chartered Tax Advisor, Chartered Institute of Taxation)
- Generalist corporate tax experience in an OMB environment
- Demonstrable up-to-date technical tax knowledge
- Compliance and advisory experience
- General knowledge and understanding of audit and accountancy issues
- Previous staff management/supervisory experience with the ability to motivate and develop the team as a leader
- Strong IT skills - Tax software, Xero, Sage, CaseWare, Alphatax, Excel etc
- Commercially aware team player with a client focus
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Calm and effective under pressure with the ability and willingness to delegate.
What's on offer:
- Agile / flexible working with a genuine work life balance focus. Most of the work will be delivered for the Birmingham office however, my client is flexible on your location both at home and within surrounding offices including their Leicester office
- Competitive base salary
- Tax Manager bonus scheme
- Car lease scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Full and flexible benefits package tailored to you
- Flexible and relaxed work environment - open plan office
- Personal career development and succession plan with supportive management structure.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21844 - Corporate Tax Manager