We are working with an accountancy firm with offices in the East Midlands whose corporate tax offering punches well above its weight. The firm has one of the largest corporate tax teams operating in the East Midlands, with approx 25 corporate tax professionals within the team.
The Corporate Tax Manager works with a varied and exciting portfolio of businesses, almost exclusively made up of owner managed businesses, with turnovers ranging from £10M - £100M. The role is based in Leicester.
The Corporate Tax Manager will have responsibility for their own portfolio, whilst also working alongside experienced Tax Partners and Senior Managers on bespoke advisory projects.
The work will be truly varied, so if you are currently working in a firm in a niche area of Corporate Tax and want to have a broader level of work then this may be the role for you.
If you are currently a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, Corporate Tax Manager or a Corporate Tax Senior looking for the next step then please do get in touch.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, which will include management of and involvement in the compliance process
- Provision of advice in connection with annual tax matters
- Preparation and review of Research and Development tax claims
- Assisting clients to identify potentially qualifying projects and translating that into a claim to HMRC
- Involvement in complex and bespoke advisory projects
- Detailed technical analysis, report writing, clearance applications to HMRC and overseeing implementation
- Company reconstructions, shareholder reorganisations, share schemes and capital allowance claims
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries and managing negotiations with HMRC
- Training and coaching more junior members of the team, and supporting their personal development
What we are looking for:
- Ideally CTA qualified but happy to hear from ATT or QBE tax professionals
- Looking to accelerate their career in an advisory-focused environment within the entrepreneurial owner managed business sector.
- Personable, happy working in a team environment and have a desire to interact with clients.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Good benefits
- Varied work within a large tax team
- Study support
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21880 - Corporate Tax Manager