Top 10 global chartered accountancy firm specialising in audit, tax and advisory services seek a Corporate Tax Senior to join their tax unit. The Corporate Tax Senior will not only work on a portfolio of client, but they will also assist the senior management team with larger compliance cases and have day to day contact on smaller cases. The Corporate Tax Senior will also assist the management team with the delivery of advisory assignments, allowing opportunities to develop and progress their career.
- Liaising with the client, the audit team and junior tax colleagues to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information
- Reviewing tax computations prepared by junior members of the team and ensure files are ready for partner/director review
- Review deferred tax (including listed companies, under IFRS, and under FRS102) using Alphatax and producing accounts disclosure including consolidated tax notes
- Preparing draft tax analyses on more complex items such as distribution exemption / overseas PE exemption / transfer pricing / CFCs as part of managing the risk on compliance cases
- Taking appropriate action to ensure tax payment and filing deadlines are adhered to
- Ensuring client queries are responded to proactively and efficiently and further opportunities followed up accordingly
- Preparation of scoping documents/engagement terms/proposals for work
- Attend meetings to effectively gather information and make an accurate record of the meeting
- Prepare draft reports and liaise with the client to ensure followup queries are dealt with and all information received
- Assist in the project management process by keeping internal teams and external clients updated with progress
- Ensuring the various files are maintained and in line with internal QC guidelines.
- Demonstrate broad and strong technical knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience of working as part of a team
- Able to build good client relationships
- Able to build good relationships with other members of the team and staff from other departments
- Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines
- Ideally proficient in Alphatax
- Experience of managing the firm's financial exposure, billing, and adjusting the approach to work depending on the available budget would be desired but not essential
- ACA and CTA Qualified preferred.
What's on offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Personalised benefits
- Opportunities for career progression.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16338