Top tier accountancy firm seek corporate tax technical manager / senior manager. Reporting to the National Tax Director, this is a corporate tax role with a difference.
My client, a top tier accountancy firm, seek a corporate tax technical manager / senior manager. Reporting to the National Tax Director, this is a high profile corporate tax role with a difference. If you want to move on from client work and start a new challenge as part of a small, friendly team, this might be the change you are looking for.
Working within a small National tax team, you will contribute to the development of the firm's intellectual property in the corporate tax arena, acting as a key player in maintaining standards and managing risk of the tax practice, and being a key point of contact for members of the practice.
As an internal role, the 'clients' are team members within the firm including not only the tax practice but also liaising with people in a wide range of roles across the firm. You will have significant interaction with members of the firm's standards & risk management team, along with team members from other areas such as financial planning, technical accounting, training, marketing and IT teams.
This is a high profile role within the firm with a wide ranging remit covering both technical and non-technical issues that will help to shape the tax practice of the firm. This role can be based in any of their 19 offices in the UK with the added flexibility of working from home on occasion.
- Provision of corporate tax technical guidance within the firm
- Be a point of contact for members of the tax practice on technical tax and non-technical standards and risk management related issues
- Critically identifying relevant developments and opportunities of interest to corporate tax specialists and clients
- Drafting internal corporate tax technical updates
- Development of opportunities to help grow tax fee income including new ideas, marketing material, aides and toolkits
- Involvement in other projects to improve the way in which the tax practice operates (eg optimising the use of technology)
- Be a champion for high standards and quality outputs within the tax practice, both through the setting of policy and monitoring the quality of corporate tax advice nationally
- Involvement in presentations on technical issues or standards and risk management issues.
Who we're looking for;
This is a wide ranging role which requires flexibility, creativity and proactivity as well as excellent corporate tax technical skills. As the National Tax team is small, it will be essential for this individual to work closely with others in the team, and to be prepared to take on additional projects as the need arises. This is a senior and influential role within the firm aimed at contributing to the development of the tax practice.
- CTA and/or ACA (or equivalent)
- An experienced corporate tax manager or senior manager, with excellent technical skills in mainstream corporate tax work including OMBs (Owner Managed Businesses)
- Self starter who can take on projects and is committed to delivery
- Excellent technical skills in corporate tax and tax accounting
- Ability to analyse and explain new legislation and other technical developments in a comprehensible manner
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels, both written and oral
- Thorough and orderly work style with meticulous attention to detail
- Good understanding of risk management issues
- Flexible and prepared to 'pitch in' to a variety of projects
- It will be an advantage to be technologically versatile
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16413.