Global business seeks Cost Accountant for one of their largest UK manufacturing operations based in Solihull.
Reporting to and in support of the Plant Controller, this newly created role is 'hands-on' in all aspects of cost and manufacturing accounting, interacting with the management and operations team together with head office corporate reporting.
- Production of accurate schedule costs at a Project/SKU (stock keeping unit) level for; Raw materials, Labour, Waste and Overheads
- Modelling on future programs for engineering changes
- Inventory management
- Stock counts and control of excess stock - KPI controls such as number of days in stock, stock turns etc
- Scrap reporting, controls analysis and negative inventory values
- Cost centre allocations
- Program profitability
- Purchasing savings analysis and tracking versus plan
- Freight analysis.
- Qualified or Finalist Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent) however, candidates deemed qualified by experience will also be considered
- Highly analytical and able to analyse and compare changes in both BOM's (Bill of Materials) and conversion costs
- Able to challenge and understand base data for product costing
- Challenge the cost centre structure and be willing to adapt it to facilitate improved accuracy of product costs
- Able to build relationships and to be involved with cross functional teams
- Desire to be on the 'shop floor' and understand the process
- Self-starter with a logical approach with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to quickly challenge, understand and communicate the impact of business changes
- Comfortable with challenging up and highlighting business impact of process changes
- Business modelling.
What's on offer;
- Very competitive base salary dependent upon experience plus bonus and full benefits
- Opportunity to be part of an expanding function with future plans in place
- Future career and personal development in whichever capacity you wish both Nationally and Globally - my client is seeking the 'Finance Leads' of the future
- Clear path to progress your career to become a Plant Controller, if desired.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19730