Excellent opportunity for a part or fully qualified cost / management accountant to join a long established global manufacturer based in Coventry.
This is an exciting time to be joining my client and this newly created role, as Cost Accountant / Costing Controller, will encompass all areas of management accounting with a particular emphasis on cost accounting within a manufacturing finance environment.
The key purpose of role is to support the Finance Director and the wider business in delivering excellence in financial control with a focus on cost optimisation and operational effectiveness. This is a varied and commercially focused role that offers great exposure and internal visibility alongside personal development and continued career progression.
- Ownership of the costing module of ERP and improving awareness of financial impact of operational actions
- Daily, weekly & monthly KPI analysis & preparation of Cost of Sales and associated variances
- Product and work order costing including standard costing and variance analysis
- Measuring and driving performance of direct labour productivity, production overheads, purchasing & material costs
- Calculating cost rates and managing absorption, capacity and idle time
- Supply chain controlling & inventory management
- Providing financial support to the sales and operations planning process
- Business partnering covering operations, supply chain management and purchasing
- Supporting lifetime profitability analysis of products & customers
- Involvement with implementing and monitoring appropriate controls
- Supporting the development and optimisation of reporting systems including the ERP
- Involvement with strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting alongside senior leadership team.
- Part qualified, Finalist or Qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA or equivalent
- Finance / Business Graduate
- ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP etc) together with MS Excel
- Proven experience in a finance function including previous cost accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels both internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mindset
- Proactive, organised and flexible approach
- Integrity with a desire to embrace challenges, develop and progress.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Study support
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- On-site parking
- Friday early finish (2pm)
- Career progression and development.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20752