My client is a global engineering and technology organisation based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. Due to a major influx of new business with a major global automotive manufacturer, they have multiple needs for Cost Engineers and will consider a range of experiences ranging from engineering graduates through to experienced Cost Engineers or Sales Engineers.
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager, the Cost Engineer will be the first line of contact with the customer on a day to day basis, dealing with engineering changes on a highly complex project that encompasses vast amounts of parts and components.
This role may suit an individual with experience of manufacturing and/or engineering who is keen to move to a more commercially focused role. Alternatively, this role may suit a graduate who would be able to use the opportunity as a stepping stone to a product engineering role in the future.
- Be the first line contact between the customer (automotive manufacturer) on a day to day basis and build effective working relationships with them
- Answer queries with the help of the appropriate departments or plants
- Receive requests for quotations (RFQ's) from customers and direct these initially to the project group
- Advising the group regarding the historical relationship with the client and the details of the RFQ
- Support the Manufacturing Excellence Centre (MEC) regarding the RFQ
- Compile the total RFQ in the company format for review and submit to client if sanctioned.
- Receive and verify purchase orders based on the previously issued quotations
- Pass verified orders and track price movements, challenging errors when found
- Receive deviation requests or notices and direct them to the costing departments of the appropriate manufacturing plants.
- Answer manufacturing plant queries with the help of Product Engineering
- Handle incidental enquiries from existing or potential customers, or those raised internally.
- Degree in Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience in lieu of education
- Proficient in managing data, interpreting and analysing trends
- Advanced Ms Excel skills strongly desired
- Any SAP project reporting experience is beneficial but not essential
- Ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused approach
- Able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment
- Knowledge of cost reporting and analysis advantageous
- This role may suit an individual with experience of manufacturing and/or engineering who is keen to move to a more commercially focused role. Alternatively, this role may suit a graduate who would be able to use the opportunity as a stepping stone to a product engineering role in the future.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17521