Cost Engineer required in Coventry for global multibillion-dollar technology company.
My client is a global engineering and technology organisation based in Coventry that design, manufacture and supply systems and components to the automotive sector. They are at the forefront of the development of transport for the future and are experiencing a continued influx of new business with major global automotive manufacturers.
As Cost Engineer, you will analyse and report on costs of engineering projects whilst developing customer facing relationships. The key function of the role is to understand the project demands, regarding engineering changes and plant requests, and report to the customer whilst meeting all stakeholder expectations. Projects are complex and will involve regular contact with the plant, extensive data analysis and an understanding of the costs associated with manufacturing a product and the supply chain.
This role may suit an individual with experience of manufacturing and/or engineering who is keen to move to a more commercially focused role. Alongside experienced Cost Engineers or Sales Engineers, my client will also consider a relevant graduate with ambition and commercial acumen.
- Be the first line contact for the customer (automotive manufacturer) on a day to day basis, establishing rapport and building effective working relationships
- Identify and understand current and future customer requirements
- Gather proposals, specifications and related documents and liaise with stakeholders in order to convert specifications to cost estimates for new and current products
- Utilise trackers, software models and packages to prepare, monitor and maintain reliable and accurate data
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials and labour expenses
- Consult with technical experts to discuss estimates, prepare quotes and resolve issues or engineering changes / deviation requests
- Work with sales teams to prepare RFQ Reponses and change quotes for customers
- Answer manufacturing plant queries with the help of Product Engineering
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, track and report actual costs relative to budget
- Occasional travel to manufacturing sites to gather information on materials needed, labour required, and other factors.
What are we looking for:
- Experienced Cost Engineer or Sales Engineer
- Recent Engineering Graduates will also be considered
- Proficient in managing data, interpreting and analysing trends
- Advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of other MS Office programs
- Close attention to detail, able to track changes and identify and resolve issues
- Commercial focussed, able to work under your own initiative as well as within a team
- Excellent communication and relationship development skills, both internally and with external clients
- Industry sector experience gained within automotive engineering / technology manufacturing is beneficial but not essential
- Willingness and ability for occasional overseas travel.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18666