Multiple credit controllers required in central Birmingham.
Our client, a global professional services firm, is creating a credit control team at their central Birmingham office location. Reporting to the Credit Manager, as Credit Controller and working within a small team, you will be responsible for the timely collection of cash from a portfolio of clients. You will use aged debt analysis to identify clients who have exceeded their credit terms and take the necessary action required to ensure outstanding debt is collected. The role will work closely with fee earners to advise on clients' credit status and will also carry out risk reviews for new and existing clients.
- Review and monitor all sales ledgers ensuring collection targets are consistently maintained and cash collection is maximised
- Build and maintain existing client relationships in order to ensure prompt cash collection
- Use Aged Debt reports to analyse ledgers and prioritise cash
- Alert fee earners on changes in clients' status or payment performance deterioration prior to further escalation steps or credit restrictions
- Progress reporting to fee earners
- Maintain and update client records on the accounting system and the Document Management System with details of collection activity, ensuring compliance with Data Protection requirements
- Carry out regular risk reviews, assessments and routine housekeeping including the production of a monthly 'Exception' report
- Work collaboratively with the Credit Control Manager, Group Finance team members and other group functions to support the business in the delivery of a high quality internal and external service.
- Previous credit control experience is required
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate professional integrity at all times
- Excellent organisational skills together with the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Any experience working within a professional services environment is beneficial but by no means essential.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- 26 days annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Flexible working options; 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm - you choose!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Permanent health insurance scheme.
Interested? Multiple vacancies so APPLY TODAY
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19700