A professional services firm in central Cambridge is looking for an individual with great personal competencies, to join their Credit Control team.
As the Credit Controller you will be responsible for maximising collections and bad debt by having a persuasive and mature outlook to credit control. The role will focus on international credit control and some domestic. This is not a high volume, process driven environment but one where tact and diplomacy will be rewarded rather than using a more robust approach.
- Reviewing and monitoring DSO reports and ensuring collection targets are consistently maintained
- Analysing accounts and prioritising collection using Aged Debt reports
- Persuading clients to pay their accounts within the specified time, without harming the relationship
- Dealing with collection problems beyond the routine stage - special letters, compromise settlements, legal action, submitting and monitoring claims in insolvency proceedings
- Maintaining and updating client records on the accounting system
- Carrying out regular risk reviews
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable credit control experience
- Good level of IT skills - including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on qualification and experience
- 26 days annual holiday, plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Reimbursement of membership fees to professional bodies
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21799