Our client is an award winning international accountancy firm that offers a great opportunity for career progression within the tax profession. Working alongside the highly skilled tax team you will work to deliver a high quality tax service to private clients and entrepreneurs whilst expanding your own knowledge and expertise in the tax department.
The portfolio of clients within the Entrepreneurial Business and Private Client team is diverse and includes owner-managed businesses and their shareholders, company directors, a number of high net worth individuals and families, serial entrepreneurs and trusts.
This role will suit a candidate who has excellent communications skills as you will be advising clients on cash extraction, exit/succession planning, inheritance tax planning, trusts and estates and residence and domicile issues. Additionally, you will have a leading role in the Firm’s international tax service offering as a number of the clients require international tax advice.
This role will be mainly advisory focussed however, in addition, you will be responsible for a portfolio of recurring client work which will mainly be compliance work.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, acting as the main client contact, plus liaise with other tax advisors within the firm
- Prepare tax advisory letters, memos and reports for review and review drafts prepared by more junior members of the team
- Work alongside more senior members of the advisory team to develop your advisory capabilities
- Review tax returns, correspondence and advice drafted by junior members of the team
- Maximising advisory opportunities from your portfolio of clients and dealing with ad hoc advisory and planning issues as they arise
- Overseeing the annual compliance cycle on your portfolio
- Managing WIP and fees
- Responsibility for a portfolio of recurring client work, mainly compliance (owner-managed businesses and their shareholders, people with inherited family wealth, trusts and company directors)
- Maintaining an up-to-date technical knowledge of personal, trust and business tax matters.
- Owner-managed business tax bias preferred
- Preferably CTA qualified
- Some relevant experience of Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning. Where possible knowledge of aspects such as residence and domicile
- Practical experience on how different vehicles can be used to hold business activities
- Relevant experience of cash extraction, maximising relief from losses and capital allowances
- Background knowledge and experience of management succession of family businesses and employee incentives
- Strong client handling skills and the ability to develop good relationships with clients other professionals
- Preferably will have experience of working with both private and owner-managed businesses
- Be able to delegate work efficiently, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster the development of junior team members
- Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach
- Ability to exercise judgement and demonstrate an understanding of risk management issues
- Seeks to progress their career within the tax profession in an advisory environment dealing with a wide spectrum of clients.
What’s on offer;
- This is a great opportunity at an important stage in the growth of the department and business. Huge career progression and personal professional development opportunities are on offer together with a comprehensive benefits package, to include;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Assistant Manager or Senior Manager also considered (salary varied accordingly)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Defined contribution pension and allowances
- Life cover
- Income protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Discounts on technology purchase and leisure activities.
- This role can be based in any of the following offices: Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Nottingham or Leicester.
Want to learn more? Register your interest by APPLYING TODAY or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job refs ABJ/15304.