Our client, a Leicestershire based leading retailer, is seeking a Finance Business Partner on an initial 12 month contract.
The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for providing analytical and strategic decision support to the Multichannel, Marketing and Store Development teams as well as full ownership and responsibility for 2 direct reports. Working closely with the Buying, Merchandising and Logistics teams, the Finance Business Partner will monitor the Multichannel financial performance throughout the year, to identify risks and opportunities early.
- Ownership of Web related MI and KPI's which are key to challenging and helping to shape day-to-day trading decisions
- Monitoring the Multichannel financial performance throughout the year, identifying risks and opportunities early
- Supporting the achievement of Multichannel trading growth targets and strategic initiatives, identifying areas for improvement and making clear recommendations
- Consideration of net profitability for all decision making. Preparation of the fully-costed Multichannel P&L, challenging costs and identifying opportunities for savings and/ or efficiencies
- Helping to improve the Multichannel forecasting process, forming better linkage with Buying, Merchandising and Logistics teams. Ensuring targets are communicated, understood and reviewed frequently
- Supporting the Marketing team with campaign analysis and insight to help commercial decision-making, identifying cost effective media types and successful campaigns
- Managing the Marketing cost budget, challenging spend to ensure maximum business value and supporting the Marketing team with clear analysis to help shape effective spending and targeting
- Supporting work undertaken on space optimisation in stores, including new layouts and trials highlighting and understanding issues and opportunities with appropriate recommendations
- Cost Centre management and month-end review. Helping to develop robust accounting controls and processes along with early indication of any potential risks / opportunities
- Developing relationships as a trusted advisor across the business
- Effective leadership and development of direct reports.
- Proven commercial awareness with a strong technical grounding and a process-improvement mind-set
- You will be self-motivated, resilient and able to demonstrate initiative
- Highly customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Proven analytical capability and experience of developing insightful MI
- A strong and self-aware communicator with ability to influence and challenge others
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with appropriate PQE including MI and forecasting
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to analyse large data sets quickly and efficiently
- Competent in the use of Finance Systems including SAP, BW and BO (desirable)
- Experience of working in a PLC environment (advantageous but not essential)
- Experience of working in a retail or similar environment (advantageous but not essential).
What's on Offer;
- Target salary c£55,000
- Benefits package.
Immediate need so apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16440