Global engineering and distribution organisation seek Finance Business Partner in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
My client is a globally successful high-tech engineering and distribution organisation with a key UK site based in Leamington Spa. They seek a commercially astute and competent Finance Business Partner to support their UK and European operations. This newly created role is responsible for providing critical finance business partnering services to functions across the EMEA region.
You will be part of a team responsible for long and short term financial planning and reporting together with operational performance analysis. You will work closely in support of cross functional teams including Supply Chain and Sales. This position will be a key risk/controllership gateway for the business and requires a candidate with strong communication, relationship building and leadership skills.
The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. Strong analytical skills are required as well as the personality to support and challenge business partners appropriately.
You will enjoy huge exposure at a senior level as you advise the regional leadership team - this is a senior-facing role.
- Acting as the key partner for the chosen commercial/function leader on finance and performance management issues
- Acting as an effective interface between the commercial/functional area and the rest of the business
- Business support for actual review and planning
- Analysis of revenue, margin and cost performance highlighting performance trends and offering insights to corrective actions
- Interpret financial performance of the business, identifying risks and challenges
- Working closely with the rest of the finance department to ensure management accounts are representative of business performance
- Interface with management team on key financial issues and take the lead on financial business support issues and be part of the decision making process
- Lead in the development of process expertise in the team
- Attend business, staff, product & programme meetings to contribute to business management and strategy
- Identify issues, and potential resolutions, and opportunities related to the business area you are supporting
- Identify patterns and predict potential issues/opportunities where possible
- Provide extensive support and challenge to senior management team on all items relating to revenue and promotional planning
- Support and influence the performance of the business by delivering excellent analysis and insight.
- Previous business partnering experience ideally working with functions such as Finance, Supply Chain and Sales
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the confidence and ability to continually challenge the business and process for improvements
- Strong IT skills including Advanced Excel (essential). Previous experience of SAP beneficial
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- An understanding of finance issues in an operational environment of rapid growth
- Collaborative with the ability to work easily across functions
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English (essential) with a second European language (French or Spanish in particular) advantageous but not essential
- Willingness and ability for occasional European travel
- Previous industry sector experience within Automotive, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing and/or Distribution all relevant.
What's on offer:
- Salary circa £50,000 depending upon experience
- Competitive Pension
- 30 days holiday
- Life Assurance
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/175019