Highly respected logistics developer seeks Finance Business Partner / Project Accountant - Practice background considered.
Based in the heart of the Golden Triangle in Rugby, our client is a highly respected specialist industrial and distribution developer with a proven track record in taking forward large scale projects through to completion. Backed by management and private equity funds, the business is built on a solid and experienced management team who hold a clear vision for the business.
Having recently entered into a strategic joint venture partnership with a successful plc, they are moving into a very exciting point in their lifecycle which will ensure continued growth and access to new funding lines for the business. The agreement allows the ability to purchase sites and to secure planning and blue chip tenants. They also manage the construction of the units through to completion on behalf of their clients.
With several strategically important sites at various stages of the planning process, the resulting growth has created a need for a Finance Business Partner / Project Accountant to support the Finance Director and the Group Financial Controller.
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to the workings of private equity investment and a plc organisation within an entrepreneurial environment. This could suit qualified candidates from an accountancy practice background with previous exposure to audit, corporate finance and/or restructuring.
In support of the Finance Director and Group Financial Controller;
- Control and allocate expenditure on a number of specific development schemes with a budget in excess of £500m
- Manage cash flow on developments
- Overseeing the production and submission of VAT returns
- Manage the audit of group accounts
- Prepare monthly meetings with joint venture partners and the board.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) ideally practice trained with a background in audit
- Project based skills gained in a corporate finance or restructuring background would be advantageous
- Competency in Excel in building models to assess site profitability and cash flow requirements
- Gravitas and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential as the role will act as a true business partner to internal and external stakeholders and afford day to day access to the Directors
- Knowledge of the construction or property industry would be an advantage.
What's on offer:
- Basic salary circa £55,000 to £60,000
- Non-contributory 8% company pension
- Family healthcare.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16435