Market leading technology business seek Finance Controller at their UK head office in Coventry.
My client is a private equity backed technology business that has and is continuing to experience a high level of growth both in the UK and internationally. They seek a UK Finance Controller to provide a comprehensive finance service to the business.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director you will assume responsibility for the full spectrum of UK finance operations including budgeting and forecasting, management accounts, transaction processing, cash flow management and auditing.
The role has two core areas of focus; managing the UK finance team and function together with providing and championing a commercial finance business partnering service to the Group. This role involves liaising with the senior leadership team and departmental leads across the business plus supporting them in managing their budgets and financial planning.
You will be a hands-on person with a positive "can-do" attitude who wants to work collaboratively to deliver an excellent service both internally and externally. This is an excellent opportunity to genuinely 'make the role your own'.
- Manage the financial performance against budget for the UK and own the reporting and reforecasting of UK numbers against budget
- Instil rigor and governance into the Finance team, leading monthly/quarterly reviews with budget holders to track spend against budget
- Lead, motivate and develop the Finance team including regular reviews
- Collaborate with both UK departments and US Finance team, working together to integrate Finance within the business, increasing Finance presence and partnering around all Finance concerns
- Consolidation of UK and US Financial numbers at month end
- Manage 2021 budget setting process for the UK
- Attend monthly financial performance review meetings with Group senior management
- Produce monthly financial performance information with commentary on variances for each EMEA entity and agree a monthly reporting timetable
- Engage with stakeholders/departmental leads in monthly financial meetings to take them through financial performance to help them understand variances against budget
- Oversee the provision of regular updates on key financial metrics/positions to the wider UK management team
- Management of Finance projects as identified in line with business requirements
- Establish and reviewing working practices, procedures and documentation across the finance department
- Promote finance best practice both within your team and your key stakeholders across the business
- Managing the relationship with finance suppliers and external bodies including HMRC, auditors, banking and any other financial services as necessary.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in and managing a finance function
- Leadership and interpersonal skills able to create the vision and culture, encourage collaboration and achieve results
- Process improvement experience together with strong IT skills
- A resilient critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with initiative and able to work to tight deadlines
- Integrity and accountability able to demonstrate a flexible, open and adaptable approach
- Any previous experience reporting to / working with a Private Equity firm / house is beneficial but not essential.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20761