Experienced Finance / Financial Controller required on a Fixed Term Contract (FTC) basis - Home Based.
My client is a private equity backed technology business whose UK head office is located in the West Midlands. They seek a Finance Controller on a fixed term contract basis to provide a comprehensive finance service to the business.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director you will assume responsibility for the full spectrum of UK finance operations including budgeting and forecasting, management accounts, transaction processing, cash flow management and auditing.
The role has two core areas of focus; managing the UK finance team and function together with providing and championing a commercial finance business partnering service to the Group. This role involves liaising with the senior leadership team and departmental leads across the business plus supporting them in managing their budgets and financial planning.
The role is offered on a Fixed Term Contract (FTC) basis, initially for a period of between 6 and 9 months with the possibility of an extension. You will be Home Based initially and most likely for the majority of the contract assignment.
- Manage the financial performance against budget for the UK and own the reporting and re-forecasting of UK numbers against budget
- Instil rigor and governance into the Finance team, leading monthly/quarterly reviews with budget holders to track spend against budget
- Lead, motivate and develop the Finance team including regular reviews
- Collaborate with both UK departments and US Finance team, working together to integrate Finance within the business, increasing Finance presence and partnering around all Finance concerns
- Consolidation of UK and US Financial numbers at month end
- Attend monthly financial performance review meetings with Group senior management
- Produce monthly financial performance information with commentary on variances for each EMEA entity and agree a monthly reporting timetable
- Engage with stakeholders/departmental leads in monthly financial meetings to take them through financial performance to help them understand variances against budget
- Oversee the provision of regular updates on key financial metrics/positions to the wider UK management team
- Management of Finance projects as identified in line with business requirements
- Promote finance best practice both within your team and your key stakeholders across the business
- Managing the relationship with finance suppliers and external bodies including HMRC, auditors, banking and any other financial services as necessary.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in and managing a finance function
- Leadership and interpersonal skills able to drive the vision and culture, encourage collaboration to achieve results and up-skill the team
- Process improvement experience together with strong IT skills
- A resilient critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with initiative and able to work to tight deadlines
- Integrity and accountability able to demonstrate a flexible, open and adaptable approach
- Any previous experience reporting to / working with a Private Equity firm / house is beneficial but not essential
- The ability and willingness to work from home, most likely for the majority of the assignment
- Comfortable committing to a Fixed Term Contract (FTC), initially for a period of between 6 and 9 months but with the possibility of a further extension.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20767