Successful SME business and UK market leader in their field seek Finance Manager to take responsibility for managing the finance function of the business.
We are delighted to be working exclusively with a successful SME business based in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. Currently the UK market leader in their field, and with future European expansion plans, they seek a Finance Manager to take responsibility for managing the finance function of the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Directors/Owners, you will be required to report on the current and future financial status of the company, personnel matters and work as part of the Management team to continually strive to improve efficiencies within the company.
- Prepare and report monthly Management Accounts
- Maintain and balance control accounts for the preparation of Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss accounts
- Preparation of budgets and year end accounts
- Transfer financial reports between production and financial systems
- Manage the purchasing of stock and sundries
- Organize and record results of bi annual stock take
- Manage stock count accuracy and valuation of production and financial systems
- Create accruals and prepayments and maintain Fixed Asset Register
- Prepare sales / expenditure reports - performance V budget
- Manage Sales and Purchase Ledgers, Debtor credit control, Creditor payments and process invoices
- Manage all bank accounts, company cash provision, financing facility and foreign currency
- Manage financial data regarding loan / lease / HP agreements
- Prepare monthly payrolls with future involvement in implementing a new payroll facility
- Manage regulatory reporting to HMRC - VAT returns, PAYE, EC Sales List
- Assist external accountants with preparation of Year End accounts
- Manage, mentor and supervise 2 staff
- Ad hoc financial reporting as requested.
- Part of fully qualified ACCA/CIMA, qualified AAT or qualified by experience
- Previous relevant experience as finance manager or financial controller managing a finance function ideally of an SME sized business
- Previous experience with stock management, purchasing and managing relations with external suppliers highly desirable
- A 'Hands on' / 'roll up your sleeves' approach, comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, visionary, family run environment
- Must be prepared for some work in warehouse with stock (not heavy work)
- Ability and interest to develop good working knowledge of operations
- IT literate with strong Excel skills - Xero and Sage Payroll experience beneficial but not essential
- Ability to develop in-house bespoke systems and processes in respect of stock and financial management
- Strong literacy, numeracy, analytical and attention to details skills
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16485