Global business based in Solihull / Birmingham in the West Midlands seeks Finance Manager for their European manufacturing operations.
The role of the European Finance Manager is to continually improve and enhance the quality of financial reporting across the European Group. A key element of the role will be to proactively manage and strive to improve all aspects of the internal and external reporting processes whilst adhering to and evolving the compliance framework. Some international travel will be required to support the European reporting processes.
- Ensure the European group is preparing financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards and group requirements
- Management of month/quarter/year end financial reporting processes
- Assist with the quarterly audit process
- Consolidation of European Group locations
- Review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations with analysis
- Review and analyse reserves across the European group
- Identify process and reporting improvement opportunities
- Investigation of and reporting on any identified control weaknesses
- Recommend and help implement control improvements necessary to the financial reporting process
- Support management in building controls awareness and skills among local finance teams with a view to strengthening internal controls
- Assist with the development of corporate accounting procedures and best practices
- Awareness of differences between group and local level accounting requirements and their impacts
- Ensure that all statutory accounting deadlines are met
- Support local teams with statutory accounting preparation and issues as they arise
- Provide support in relation to the audit of the UK legal entity
- Assist with SOx implementation strategy across European plants
- Ad hoc project work supporting the European finance team where necessary.
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent)
- Previous audit background and past experience of assessing internal controls
- Experience of identifying process improvements, control deficiencies and recommending appropriate corrective action
- Experience of group consolidations and group reporting
- A diligent individual with the highest level of attention to detail, confident to question data presented and challenge responses
- A proactive team player who is willing to be flexible and to resolve issues on an ongoing basis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to successfully manage and develop relationships with plant and senior management and to provide a first-class service to all stakeholders
- The ability to understand, digest and explain complex accounting issues to non-finance stakeholders
- US GAAP experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (Europe), approximately 25% of the year
- Must possess strong IT skills, especially Excel.
What's on offer;
- Competitive base salary dependent upon experience
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Other benefits including Pension, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Opportunity for European travel
- Further career development
- On site parking
- Early Friday finish!
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19662