Newly created opportunity for a Finance Manager with an ambitious and growing SME business in Warwick. This is a 'Number 1' Finance position and you will be part of the Senior Management team. Excellent package including flexible / hybrid working from home on offer.
My client is a truly niche global operator with an array of fascinating clients and projects. The business has ambitious growth plans and an exciting future ahead so this is an excellent time to join and to be part of the journey. This position is a key role in the business and part of the Senior Management Team.
This is a 'Number One' Finance role, reporting directly to the Managing Director. As Finance Manager you will work closely with and in support of the Directors, providing strategic advice and identifying, managing and reporting on risks to delivery of the growth plan.
You will manage end-to-end Finance and IT functions, financial planning, analysis, cost control and margin improvement. In addition, you will be responsible for driving change in a fast-growing business, improving processes and delivering efficiencies.
We're keen to hear from senior finance professionals with previous experience managing a finance function as a Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Finance Director or similar role. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, a strategic thinker and have an open, flexible proactive and 'hands on' approach.
- Manage the company Finance and IT functions including a small team
- Identify and implement accounting procedures and process efficiencies
- Management reporting including preparation and analysis of management accounts
- Ownership of the budget and 5-year financial growth plan
- Preparation and posting of monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries
- Working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts
- Cost management including payroll, overheads, stock and other material costs
- Create and implement margin improvement initiatives
- VAT & Export reporting
- Preparation of the BACS run and other payments
- Compile and submit payroll information to the outsourced bureau
- Liaise with external company accountants
- IT administration
- Provide strategic advice to the Directors on all investments including potential acquisitions and new premises.
- Qualified accountant, ACA / ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Previous experience managing and developing a Finance function / team, ideally within a fast-growing SME
- Track record of adding value within a commercially focused finance role including driving change by challenging convention with an innovative approach
- Demonstrable experience of improving processes, procedures and driving efficiencies
- Strong IT and systems skills.
Personal competencies to include;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills at all business levels
- A 'can do' attitude, happy to 'role up your sleeves' when needed
- A strategic thinker with a proactive and energetic approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with autonomy in a fast-growing environment.
What's on offer:
- Competitive base salary, up to £60,000, dependent upon experience
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible / Hybrid working including working from home
- Life assurance
- 31 days holiday per annum including bank holidays plus additional holidays
- Employee benefits scheme, quarterly awards, social events
- Excellent future personal and professional development.
Interested? Want to learn more? Immediate need so APPLY TODAY
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21888 - Finance Manager