Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager with a growing global business known for speciality premium products. Hybrid office / working from home on offer.
Reporting to the Finance Director, as Finance Manager you will assume overall responsibility for the daily operations of the finance department including compliance and supervising a small team.
In addition, you will support the Finance Director, with implementing improvements to operational procedures and controls, financial planning and cashflow management.
This is an influential, varied and hands-on role effectively acting as the link between overseeing the daily operations of the finance department and supporting the Finance Director at board level.
Future career development, competitive package and excellent working environment all on offer.
- Lead the preparation of monthly management accounts for UK and European subsidiaries
- Produce full monthly consolidations including all Group subsidiaries
- Lead the month end process and ensure accurate and timely bookkeeping for tax compliance
- Own, develop and maintain appropriate accounting controls
- Manage the foreign exchange risk, suggest and implement mitigation measures accordingly
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations including intercompany account reconciliations
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and audit
- Motivate and lead two staff members responsible for purchase and sales ledger functions
- Work with the Finance Director to prepare financial forecasts and cash flows
- Manage all cash flows of the operation, overseeing credit control and supplier payments
- Support the Finance Director with ad-hoc projects and be prepared to present financial forecasts and analysis to the wider business including occasional boardroom presentations
- Support the Finance Director in the preparation of the annual budgets and three-year strategic plans.
- Qualified accountant preferred (CIMA, ACCA, ACA/ICAEW or equivalent) although candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered
- Strong technical accounting knowledge essential, with a commercial outlook
- Strong systems and IT skills including MS Excel, previous ERP software experience (Oracle, SAP etc) beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience working as a Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Group Accountant, Management Accountant or similar role ideally in a SME finance team
- Previous staff supervision experience
- Ability to maintain a proactive, flexible and supportive approach
- High attention to detail and accuracy, maintaining high standards
- Organised with the ability to plan tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives
- Team focused with excellent communication skills at all business levels.
What's on offer:
- Base salary up to £55,000 dependent upon experience
- Hybrid office / working from home
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounted / free products
- Rural location with a family, & pet, friendly environment.
Interested? Want to learn more?
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22969 - Finance Manager