We are working exclusively with this charity based in Central London, that is growing fast in profile, size, and impact, and their approach is inclusive, flexible, diverse, and caring. They are a purpose-driven, dynamic, and ambitious charity made up of a team who are all passionate about their mission.
They collaborate to advocate, enable and inspire accelerated sustainability. The team is now seeking an experienced Finance Officer to run day-to-day finances and to support the work of the team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will be responsible for financial transacting, month-end preparation, some reporting, and enforcing financial controls and procedures. To be successful in this role, you will be competent and diligent and, following guidance, be happy to work on your own.
- Sales ledger
- Purchase ledger
- Pre-payments and accruals.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset register.
- Prepare and post month end journals.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts at month end.
- Assist with year-end audit queries.
- Prepare monthly cost centre level reports, as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Prepare VAT return, EC Sales list.
- Assist with year end and new FY setups
- Reconcile bank accounts, monthly.
- Set up monthly payroll and supplier payment runs.
- Assist and support the Finance Manager as and where necessary
What we are looking for:
- Experience of transactional accounting
- Preferably AAT part qual/qualified or similar
What's on offer:
- Salary in the region of £33,000 - £36,000
- 28 days holiday (not including bank holidays, so 36 days in total)
- Hybrid working - one day a week in the office minimum
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/221020 - Finance Officer