Leading professional services organisation seek Financial Accountant to join their Central Finance team in Milton Keynes.
Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Director, you will take responsibility for the provision of financial and management information for the LLP business. In addition, you will identify areas of control weakness or inefficiencies and investigate and implement practical process changes where necessary. Suitable candidates will have an open minded and innovative approach, always seeking to identify and implement the best possible solution and deliver a high quality service.
- Responsible for the provision of financial and management information for the business
- Month end reporting procedures including posting of all journals, cash books and account reconciliations, group management accounts and utilisation report
- Quarterly Group VAT return and EC Sales Lists
- Daily bank reconciliation for main LLP bank account
- Provision of the daily group cash balances sheet to the Finance Director and Board
- Provision of monthly and quarterly general ledger analysis to department heads
- Preparation of year end schedules and liaison with auditors
- Aid in the preparation of central budgets, the Group consolidation and inputting into the accounting system
- Twice monthly BAC's payment run reviews and bank authorisation
- Monthly intercompany invoicing and reconciliations
- Fixed asset ledger maintenance
- Dealing with the day to day insurance needs of the group, including liaising with the broker
- Manage day to day bank relationship
- Payment of pensions to retired partners including quarterly journals and liaising with auditors for year end report
- Production of ONS statistics for listed companies by given deadline
- Completion of Companies House forms and ensuring filing deadlines are met
- Completion of all necessary tasks for an entering/exiting Partner
- Provide cover for the production and collation of the office WIP and debtors provisions
- Provide cover for the production of the Monthly Statement, Quarterly cash flow forecast and Partners KPI's
- Provide cover for the Group Companies Financial Accountant on all group companies
- Ad hoc projects where necessary.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role with a comprehensive working knowledge of VAT
- IT literate - Excel, Word and SAP (although SAP not essential)
- Positive and proactive approach with the ability to drive forward and implement new efficiencies, always happy to get involved in areas that are not under remit
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff across the group and work as part of a team
- Previous experience working in a professional services environment with partnership / LLP sector experience beneficial but by no means essential.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15342